Oregon RAIN Regional Coordinator (6-Month PT Contractor Position)
Oregon RAIN is seeking a part-time contractor to serve as a Regional Coordinator for our partnership with communities and counties in Linn and Benton. The role of this position is to support the Linn Benton Venture Catalyst with activities and events that assist in elevating the regional entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Assist with planning, marketing, and hosting events and workshops. This includes finding locations for events, setting up event space, negotiating with vendors, arranging for food and drink, and tearing down and cleaning up after events.
- Assist with network building, including post-event follow up with attendees, metrics and data entry, and uploading contact information into a CRM.
- Perform marketing and communication work including:
- Event marketing via email, social media, and hanging flyers in the Linn Benton area.
- Maintaining social media accounts and interacting with followers.
- Taking pictures and recording video of events and activities.
- Creating marketing collateral, presentations, and other forms of digital and printable media.
- Use various media to tell “stories” that inspire community and support for the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Assist with maintaining stakeholder networks via email and phone calls.
- Assist with research and data entry of entrepreneurial resources.
- Assist with scheduling and email responses for Venture Catalyst.
- Assist with note-taking at various in-person meetings.
- Marketing and speaking about Oregon RAIN events and services to various community groups.
- Extremely organized.
- Event planning and coordination.
- Highly proficient with Google Drive & G Suite tools, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, Google Forms, & Google Sheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent spelling and grammar are required.
- Proficient at social media (Twitter, Facebook Business, Meetup, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Buffer).
- Ability to work under short and changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to represent Oregon RAIN professionally at all times, especially when interacting with City, County, and State officials.
- Contractor experience is essential. Must be comfortable working remotely and traveling to meetings.
Additional Skills (not required):
- Working knowledge of WordPress for updating blogs and event pages.
- Knowledge of Adobe Cloud Apps or similar graphic design tools.
- Experiential knowledge of entrepreneurship culture and terminology.
- Working knowledge of HubSpot.
- Must have access to a vehicle and be able to travel periodically to locations in Linn and Benton counties.
- Must have access to a personal laptop and smartphone for use in the position.
- Must have “soft-skills” for working with entrepreneurs and stakeholders from a diverse array of personalities, cultures, backgrounds, and socio-economic statuses.
- Able to enjoy being in a “supportive role” to the Linn Benton Venture Catalyst and Oregon RAIN team.
- Believes in the importance of helping entrepreneurs and small businesses in Linn and Benton counties.
- Strives for excellence in all things. Work is accurate and fact-based.
- Efficient time-management skills. Able to work quickly and efficiently.
- Able to learn quickly. Problem-solving.
- Able to ask for help, when needed.
- A sense of humor is essential. Able to have fun and stay relaxed despite constantly changing environments and deadlines.
Contractor Compensation: $1,500/month
Target Start Date: July 1, 2019 (6-month contract position. Possibility of extending the contract.)
To Apply: Email Corey Wright at email@example.com with your cover letter and resume or CV.