Ready To Scale?
The Oregon RAIN “Scale Your Startup 2020” series is a hands-on, multi-week, interactive program for founders of new startups, or really anyone with a business idea! Located in Linn and Benton counties, the 7-week high-intensity “pre-accelerator” is designed to help anyone take a business idea from scratch and either “scale fast”‘ or “fail fast”‘!
Benefits of attending the program include:
- Quickly determine if your business idea is worth investing your time and money into!
- Meet and interact with the local startup community, and broaden your network!
- Learn valuable “startup tools” that you can apply to any business idea you have in the future!
- Gain access to an amazing network of mentors, advisors, service providers, and businesses in the community!
- The opportunity to “graduate” from the series at the Oregon RAIN PitchFest 2020 in front of investors and business leaders!
- The chance to apply to pitch at PitchFest 2020 for prizes and cash! (Last year, 3 entrepreneurs recieved over $6,000 in cash and in-kind services!)
- Free dinner and snacks, every single week!
To attend Scale Your StartUp 2020, please apply using the provided link. This workshop series is designed for early-stage startups, innovators, creators, and individuals with a business idea. If you have an existing businesses, but are developing a new product/service idea, you are still invited to apply.
- You must be willing to commit to attending the entire workshop series and put effort towards completing the assigned homework.
- You must attend 6 out of 7 of the classes (including Pitch Decks I and II) in order to graduate. You can attend the same class at a different location if neccessary.
- We estimate the series to require a time commitment of ~10 hours per week minimum, including attending the classes.
- You do not need to have registered as a business, raised outside capital, or become profitable / have customers and traction.
- You do not need to be an expert at business or have experience as an entrepreneur.
- However, you do need to have an business idea or some type of product you are working on.
Graduation & Next Steps
After completing this course, participants are invited to attend a premiere graduation ceremony at the Oregon RAIN PitchFest 2020 on April 30th at the Boulder Falls Convention Center. The event will feature startup pitches, investors, key-note speakers, government officials, and more. Entrepreneurs who successfully completed the course will be presented a certificate that can be used as evidence of training and traction when speaking to investors, lending programs, and applying to follow-on programs at Oregon RAIN and elsewhere.
Note: Entrepreneurs who complete the course, but determined that their business idea was not worth moving forward with, can still graduate from the series and participate in the festivities at PitchFest 2020. At Oregon RAIN, we celebrate “failure” and “lessons learned” just as much as business “success”!
The Scale Your Startup 2020 series is not the last step in your journey to becoming a businesess founder. In fact, it should be your first step! After completing this program, entrepreneurs who “failed fast” can continue applying the principles they learned to new ideas, and taking advantage of the resources Oregon RAIN provides. Likewise, entrepreneurs who are continuing with their ideas and gaining traction will continue to receive assistance and mentorship as they work to scale their startup and obtain funding.
By the end of the course, all entrepreneurs will have been introduced to a supportive and thriving entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Linn Benton region. They will have made connections to peers, mentors, and investors from around the state. And they will have an open invitation to all future RAIN programs, events, and resources!
“I really want to thank Caroline and yourself [Corey Wright] for all the mentorship and the direction you’ve given me, it’s been a lot of help and if it wasn’t for you guys, I’d be going down rabbit holes! I really appreciate you!”
“I’ve been wanting to let you know how much I’ve enjoyed learning from you. You provide great–and practical–information… We are now looking at a potential sales of 500 units in a completely different market thanks to what you are teaching through RAIN.”
Photos & Videos from the 2019 Program
Oregon RAIN wants everyone to feel welcomed and comfortable at our programs!
Please contact Corey Wright at email@example.com if there are any accommodations that we can make for you that will encourage your participation and we will do our best to meet your needs.
Accommodations may include things such as: reserving front row seating, an advance copy of slides to be projected, wheelchair access, language translation, childcare needs, etc…
This event is made possible by funding from the cities of Adair Village, Albany, Brownsville, Halsey, Harrisburg, Lebanon, Monroe, Philomath, Sweet Home, Linn County, Benton County, The Ford Family Foundation, and the Oregon Community Foundation.
Oregon RAIN is a private non-profit with a mission to partner with Oregon communities to catalyze entrepreneurial ecosystems, connect entrepreneurs to resources (including overlooked entrepreneurs), and contribute to the creation of prosperous economies.
Our vision is that:
Communities support, value, and celebrate entrepreneurs.
Regional leaders recognize entrepreneurs are a primary creator of net new jobs.
Small and rural communities in Oregon have thriving economies.
A culture of possibilities is embraced.